Last updated November 5, 2020
FallTech (“Company”, “we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement specifies the steps we take to protect your personal information and explains how we collect, share, and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
By using or accessing our website, contacting or engaging with us, you agree that we may process your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. Your use of our website, www.falltech.com (the “Website”) and any information you provide through it is always subject to this Privacy Statement and the applicable terms and conditions that apply to the Website.
This Privacy Statement applies only when you visit our website(s) that provide links to this Privacy Statement or when you contact or engage with us to provide information about yourself, for example, to transact business, to resolve customer service matters or when you send us a general inquiry though our “Contact Us” form on our Website. Personal information or data collected about you in connection with other websites, products, services or mobile applications may be covered by different privacy statements.
It is important that you read this Privacy Statement together with any other privacy statements or other notices that we may provide to you on specific occasions when obtaining or processing your personal information or data so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information or data.
Falltech puts forth effort such that every person has access to information related to our products, services, and activities. Please contact us if you would like this Statement provided in an alternative format and we will undertake commercially reasonable measures to meet your special needs or disabilities.
CATEGORIES AND TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. For example, we collect information that is necessary to process your requests, to ship the products you purchased from us, to communicate with you about our products and services, or to improve our services to you. Consequently, we collect information from the three following sources: (1) Information we receive directly from you; (2) Information we receive about you indirectly; and (3) Information we receive from your interaction with us through social media.
(1) Information we receive directly from you
Types of personal information you provide to us when you contact or engage with us, may include:
- Identity information, which may include your name, title, entity name, contact information, such as e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Business information, which may include data related to other employees in your organization, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., type of business, company, type of entity, or government agency);
- Financial information, which may include credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of your purchase of goods and services;
- Export control information, which may include nationality, citizenship and country of residence, which allows us to assess eligibility under export control regulations for receiving information about certain technologies;
- Event registration information, which may include information you provide when filling in e-registration forms;
- Transactional information, which may include history of your purchases and information required to assist with purchase transactions and history of your communications with us regarding our products and services;
- Recruitment information, which may include information submitted in connection with an employment application or inquiry;
- Marketing and communications information, which may include marketing preferences and subscriptions to publications;
- Feedback information, which may include recommendations, polls or surveys, or other feedback from you about our Website, products, and services.
(2) Information We Receive Indirectly
FallTech may receive information or data regarding your visit to our Website that may include:
- Usage and Technical data, which may include information about how you use our Website, what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Website, the website from which you linked to our Website and other actions taken within the Website; Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, capabilities, language and your operating system. For information regarding the cookies, please refer to the “Cookies” information listed below.
- Geo-location information. FallTech may, with your consent, collect the accurate, current location (i.e., geo-location) data of your mobile device. This information may be used only for purposes of assisting with your use of the FallTech Website. The geo-location of your device may be disclosed to our service providers that may process this information in connection with providing services on our behalf. After you have consented to the collection of the accurate, current location of your device, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your device.
- Information collected from third parties. In accordance with applicable law, FallTech may collect personal information about you from third parties that provide necessary services such as payment processing or shipping services.
FallTech may also obtain your business contact information that your employer or your affiliates may provide to us during a business transaction, which may be used to provide products or services such as training that is necessary to use our products.
(3) Information From Your Interaction With Us Through Social Media
When you use a social network login to access one of our social media pages, you will share certain personal information from your social media account with us. For example, if you connect with us on the LinkedIn page, we will receive and store the information you share with us from that site, including your LinkedIn Profile.
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
FallTech may use the personal information as permitted by law, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your request for products and services. FallTech may use your personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services.
- Analysis related to the Website. FallTech may use information you provide to us to trouble shoot and fix errors on the Website and discover how visitors use the FallTech Website.
- Customer service. FallTech may use your personal information to provide a variety of customer services, including providing you with your purchase history, handling warranty claims, and replacing product manuals.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, FallTech may use your personal information to provide information to you regarding products or services that may be of interest to you and to communicate with you about offers, events and news.
FallTech allows you to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail by using an “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Business Contact Data. FallTech may, for example, collect and use business contact information to manage contracts, warranties, maintenance, orders, and for similar business functions as well as to analyze credit and for collection purposes.
- Employment applications. To recruit and hire new employees.
- To personalize your experience. FallTech may use your personal information to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements.
- To comply with legal obligations. FallTech may use personal information to assist with FallTech’s internal compliance and legal requirements, and (if necessary) to defend our interests and claims. FallTech may use personal information to prevent and respond to fraud, violations of law, misuse of our Website, and violation of intellectual property infringement.
How long FallTech retain information?
- Retention period of information collected through cookies: This Website uses “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased when you close your web browser. A persistent cookie remains on your device until it expires or until you manually delete it.
- Retention period of information you provided to us: The period we retain the information you provided to us depends on the length of time that is required to fulfill your transactions, so long as you are a customer of FallTech.
- Marketing: FallTech may store your personal information in accordance with applicable law for marketing reasons unless you have opted out of receiving further direct marketing communications.
- Employment Information: If you provide an employment application to FallTech, FallTech may retain your personal information as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, following which time it is either anonymized (where permitted by applicable law), deleted or destroyed.
Disclosure of information
FallTech may share your personal information with trusted third parties in accordance with applicable law, which may include the following as set forth below:
- Affiliates. FallTech may share your personal information with our affiliates as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- In connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, FallTech may disclose some or all your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of transactions.
- Service providers. FallTech may share your personal information with companies that have been contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites processing transactions, providing Internet security, delivering products, analyzing our Website and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, products and services. FallTech requires that these service providers protect the confidentiality of your personal information. You hereby direct FallTech to intentionally disclose your personal information to the service provider or third party as described herein, provided the service provider or third party does not, in its reasonable judgment, sell the personal information unless that disclosure would be consistent with the law.
- Distributors and other trusted partners. FallTech may share your personal information with third parties and other trusted business partners that distribute our products in fulfillment of your transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. FallTech may disclose information that we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with a negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of the Company’s assets.
- Other reasons. FallTech may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in exigent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
Do Not Track
Anonymization of information
In accordance with applicable law, FallTech may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. FallTech may collect, use, aggregate, and share anonymized information for any purpose.
FallTech is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. FallTech uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including implementation of such security measures as may be required by applicable law. No information system, however, can be 100% secure. Therefore, FallTech cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Further, FallTech is not responsible for the security of information that you communicate (e.g., upload, submit, etc.) to the website over networks that we do not control.
Our Website is not directed to, and should not be used by, children or other minors under the age of sixteen (16), and FallTech does not knowingly collect information from such individuals. You are prohibited, without our prior written consent, from providing FallTech with any personal information on children or other minors under the age of sixteen (16), unless such disclosure of personal information is necessary to facilitate an applicable business transaction or otherwise related to our services, and you have the lawful right to make such a disclosure to FallTech. The meaning of “children” is subject to the laws and regulations in the jurisdiction in which you are located.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files containing small amounts of information that may be downloaded to the memory (e.g., hard disk) on your device or to your browser's memory when you visit our Website. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our Website and provide FallTech to recognize those computers or other devices that have previously been to our Website. Cookies may allow our Website to remember your preference settings and help us to enhance the usability and performance of our Website and your experience using them.
FallTech’s Website may also contain such electronic images known as web beacons (or single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Categories of cookies and similar technologies
Types of cookies or similar technology that may be used on our Website can be put into one of the following classifications: performance, functionality, and profile, strictly necessary and advertising.
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our Website, for example the pages you visit the most often and if you receive any error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect information that are used to improve how our Website works. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Website is performing and make appropriate adjustments that could improve the browsing experience. Examples may include cookies from Google and Adobe Analytics (see further discussion below).
- Functionality and Profile
These cookies allow our Website to store information that you provide, such as preferences, and to store information (e.g., technical) that is useful for your interactions with our Website. These cookies may remember your user ID and elements of your user profile. They also ensure that your experience using the Website is relevant to you. They may additionally be used to provide services you have requested, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies will not be used to track your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website would not be able to remember selections you have previously made or to personalize your browsing experience.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are required for basic functionalities of the Website. These cookies enable you to move around our Website and use the features. These cookies are regularly stored only as long as required.
- Advertising Cookies and Similar Technologies
These cookies or similar technologies may be used to provide advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. Without these cookies or other technologies, online advertisements that you encounter may be less relevant to you and your interests.
Setting cookie preference
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button at the bottom of the page. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies and you can withdraw your consent at any time by modifying the settings of your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you choose to decline cookies altogether, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Website.
FallTech may use industry standard web analytics to track visits to our Website (“Web Analytics Providers”). The information generated by cookies about your use of our Website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by our Web Analytic Providers on their servers. The web analytics providers will use this information for evaluating use of our Website, aggregating reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage (as specified below). The Web Analytics Providers may also transfer this information to third parties as required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
FallTech may also use the following tools:
Twitter Advertising, service of Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter"): If employed, Twitter collects information directly from the usage of the Website by integrating its advertising technology. This information may include browser cookie IDs, mobile device IDs, hashed email addresses, demographic or interest data, and content viewed or actions taken on the website. Twitter Advertising provides instructions for opting-out by using the link below:
AddThis -Our Website may use the marketing service AddThis, provided by Oracle America, Inc. and the user engagement measuring tool Marketo, offered by Marketo Inc. This is a social sharing tool used within news articles and may collect data on the Website using a cookie to perform a targeting service to improve our services and provide personalized advertisements. The data processed by AddThis include unique IDs (e.g. cookie ID), IP address, geographic location, device information (e.g., browser and device type, operating system, and preferred language, the date and time you visited our Website, and the referring URL).
You can opt out from AddThis by clicking on the following link:
Facebook Custom Audience may be employed and is a service provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. This is a remarketing service that provides for addressing visitors to our Website via Facebook with advertising placed by us. The display of personalized advertising is based on an analysis of the use of our Website using cookies and comparable technologies, such as tracking pixels. This enables the identification of customers that eventually convert to a lead from a Facebook.com campaign. This helps prove the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. The service also allows monitoring website activity to build audiences so that further re-targeting communications may be made based on their visit to the website. Personal information will not be known in this context until you opt in to provide them by either filling out a form or contacting us in another way. You can find out more about the privacy settings by Facebook and your options to change them under the following link:
Facebook Privacy Settings (you must be logged into your Facebook account).
LinkedIn Ads and LinkedIn Analytics -The Website may also use online marketing and tracking services offered by LinkedIn, Corp., in particular LinkedIn Ads and LinkedIn Analytics. Both services collect and process usage and interaction data, contact information, IP address and location data. LinkedIn Ads may be used to direct traffic to the Website by serving online advertisements on LinkedIn.com that may eventually lead users to the Website. LinkedIn Analytics measures the success of advertising campaigns. Personal information would not be known in this context until you opt in to provide them by either filling out a form or contacting us in another way. You can opt out from LinkedIn targeting cookies by clicking on the following opt out link:
DoubleClick is a tool that manages digital advertising. Floodlight captures and reports on conversions – activities of website users after they have seen or clicked on an advertisement – and sets up targeted audiences to optimize marketing. You can opt out by changing your browser settings as described above.
Furthermore, our Website may use the Google Tag Manager by Google, that assists to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool itself (implementing the tags) triggers other tags that may themselves collect (personal) data. Google Tag Manager, however, does not access this data.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only disclose or otherwise provide any and all personal information (including personal information about yourself or a third party) to FallTech if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship, and only to the extent such disclosure or provision will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation, or infringe upon any person’s data privacy rights or privileges.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, or California (United States) the rights described below may, in full or in part, apply to you under EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). For other users, the rights that apply to you will depend on the laws of your country of residence.
FallTech will facilitate your exercise of the rights that apply to you in accordance with applicable law. Even if your personal information is not afforded protection under, or otherwise subject to, a data protection law, FallTech may seek to accommodate any request or inquiry you may have about our data processing activities. For more information about your rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or clicking on the link at the end of this paragraph to submit a data rights request. Submit Data Request
Subject to certain limitations, the GDPR provides you the following privacy rights:
- Request access and Correct your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Opt-out of sharing your information;
- Request deletion of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority
We explain through this Privacy Statement how we use and share your personal information. However, if you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Request to Access and Correct Data: You may have the right to access and/or correct the personal information that we may have collected about you, including the categories and specific pieces of personal information collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; and, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared or disclosed personal information and the purpose for doing so. In some cases, you can access your personal information by going to the webpage on which you provided the information. You can assist us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.
2. Object : You may be entitled to object to certain types of processing activities involving your personal information, including those in which we have legitimate interest to process your personal information, or where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. In some cases, FallTech may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request.
3. Erasure: You may be entitled to request the erasure of your personal information, such as where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
4. Opt-Out of Sharing Your Personal Information: You are entitled to request that we cease distributing your data to third parties. However, opt-out request does not apply to personal information provided to our service providers pursuant to a written contract under CCPA.
5. Restriction: You may be entitled to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, such as where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
6. Data portability: You may be entitled to receive and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. This is known as the right to data portability and, where applicable, requires us to move, copy or transfer your personal information from our systems to you or (where technically feasible) a third party chosen by you without affecting its usability.
7. Consent: If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or, in the case of email marketing, by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails. The withdrawal of your consent for any purpose will not affect the lawfulness of any processing up to that point.
8. The Sale of Personal Information: FallTech does not sell your personal information to third parties for profit. FallTech, however, may share or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement which may be deemed a “sale” of data by certain (but not all) data privacy laws.
For example, FallTech may engage with third parties to distribute our products, provide you with technical assistance, operate website analytical tools and features, and engage in marketing and sales of our products and services. Such activities may involve the disclosure of your personal information to third parties and may be considered a “sale” of data under certain (but not all) data protection laws. Moreover, our services are not directed to children. Our products and services are only for those over the age 16. Therefore, FallTech does not knowingly collect, use, or sell the personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age without affirmative authorization.
DATA SUBJECT REQUESTS
FallTech will respond to any requests from you (or your authorized agent) to exercise your rights within the timeframes required by law. We may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law. To exercise any of your rights, please submit the Data Subject Request Form (or have your authorized agent contact us) or by using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Identity Verification for Data Subject Requests
In the event you submit, or your authorized agent submits on your behalf, a data request, you (and your authorized agent) hereby acknowledge and agree, under penalty of perjury, that you are (or the authorized agent of) the individual whose personal information is the subject of the request.
If you make, or an authorized agent on your behalf makes, any request related to your personal information, FallTech will ascertain your identity, or the identify of your authorized agent, to the degree of certainty required under the law before addressing your request (e.g., FallTech may require that you match at least two or three items of personal information that we have previously collected from you prior to granting access to, or erasing, specific items, or classes of, personal information, or otherwise responding to your request. FallTech may also request that the authorized agent provides written documentation that demonstrates his/her authorization to act on your behalf. The data privacy rights afforded under data protection laws are not absolute, and FallTech may be permitted to refrain from undertaking any action or changing its data processing activities, in response to a data request submitted.
If you believe our processing of your personal information is not in compliance with data protection law, you may be permitted to submit a complaint to the supervisory or regulatory authority responsible for overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. For example, individuals in the EEA have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority (see: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en). FallTech, however, appreciates the opportunity to address your concerns. Therefore, please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
If the individual who is a resident of Canada is dissatisfied with the finding and corresponding action taken by the Data Privacy Officer, the individual may bring a complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at the address below:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada Website: www.priv.gc.ca
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1H3
Toll Free 1-800-282-1376
Discrimination: CCPA provide that organizations are prohibited from discriminating against individuals for exercising their data privacy rights. FallTech does not, under any circumstances, intend or otherwise seek to discriminate individuals for any reason, including for exercising a data privacy right.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA and Switzerland only)
Where required by law, FallTech will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- Based on your express consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes;
- Based on necessity to meet our legitimate interests, which may include developing and improving our Website, goods and/or services for the benefit of customers;
- Based on necessity for performing the services we provide to you, or to take, at your request, steps before, and anticipation of, performing, such services; or
- Based on necessity to comply with our legal obligations, which may include compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas.
If you are accessing our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection laws of the United States may not be equivalent or as comprehensive as the data protection laws in your country.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. FallTech has no liability or responsibility for those websites, products and services, their policies, or their collection or other processing of your personal information. The practices of those third parties with respect to information collected through their websites, products or services is governed by their own privacy policies. FallTech encourages you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
California Privacy Rights for California Consumers
This section provides information about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). The CCPA provides rights to California consumers to have notice about the collection and use of their personal information, request access to their personal information, request deletion of their personal information, request to opt out of the “sale” of personal information where such information is sold, and to not be discriminated against for exercising such rights.
FallTech does not sell your personal information.
The Term “Sale” under CCPA: Although FallTech does not sell personal information in exchange for any monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a “sale,” as defined by the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.140(t)(1)). In the following sections, we provide the categories of personal information we collect and share, and how you can exercise control over your personal information.
You can request access to or deletion of your personal information by filling out this request form.
The categories of personal information collected include:
- Identifiers such as your first name, last name, email address, IP address, unique device identifiers or other online identifier;
- Commercial information such as your credit card, debit card, bank account number, or purchase history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as usage information IP address, cookie information and the identification or name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number;
- Geolocation data;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, such as social media information and information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website.
As detailed above, FallTech collects personal information from a variety of sources (such as directly from you, through devices and product operations, from third party parties and through our Website and services), and use such information for business and commercial purposes and shares such information for a variety of business purposes, such as to provide services, to respond to requests and offer customer support, to fulfill legal and contractual obligations and to build our innovative products. Please refer to the categories of third parties with whom FallTech shares personal information as described above.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law (SB 220) permits customers in Nevada to opt-out of the sale of personal information. A sale under Nevada law is the transfer of this personal information to third parties for monetary consideration. Since FallTech does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in SB220, if you are Nevada resident, opt-out of sale of personal information does not apply to personal information you would provide to FallTech. However, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us as at email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, our handling of your personal information, or would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us using the contact information listed below. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
1306 S. Alameda St.
Compton, California 90221
Changes to this Privacy Statement
FallTech may periodically update this Privacy Statement. When the Privacy Statement is updated, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top and bottom of the Privacy Statement and take such additional steps as may be required by law.
Last updated November 5, 2020
FallTech allows you to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail by using an “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.