Still complaining about your harness?
We hear you.
Do these harness complaints seem a bit too familiar?
- My leg straps leave me chafed and uncomfortable
- The shoulder pads are rubbing my neck raw
- I can’t position my tool bags in the right spot
- I'm tired of adjusting the D-ring to keep it from sliding down
- My shoulder straps wear out way too fast
- The waist belt can't handle the weight of my tools
- My harness makes my back hot and sweaty
- Attaching my tools is a hassle
Everything you need in a harness, minus the discomfort
Do these personal SRL complaints ring a bell?
When I bend down the retractables keep hitting my head and knocking my hard hat off.
My SRL is heavy and tugging on my back.
Nuisance lockups are affecting my productivity
Why can't I replace only the retractable instead of the whole twin unit?
Getting the SRL on and off takes too long.
These devices are so big and clunky.
You deserve a complaint-proof SRL
Click the icons to view details
Do these personal leading-edge SRL complaints ring a bell?
- My SRL is bulky and tugging on my back
- Nuisance lockups are affecting my productivity
- Why can't I replace only the retractable instead of the whole twin unit?
- I hate how devices dig into my back!
- Getting the SRL on and off takes too long.
- !@#$... When I bend down the retractables keep hitting my head and knocking my hard hat off.
- These devices are so big and clunky.
You deserve a complaint-proof SRL
The 8’ FT-X™ Cable SRLs streamline profile provides a higher level of comfort. The FT-X™ Cable rests high and tight inside your back’s ergonomic comfort zone, making comfortable all day worker movement a reality. No more aching backs accomplished.
AN INDUSTRY FIRST
With SpeedLink™, if one or both units fail inspection before use, you only replace the damaged retractable, saving valuable time, labor, and expense. As a result, the FT-X™ devices offer the lowest overall cost of ownership of any Class 2 Leading Edge SRL-P.
You no longer have to remove costly leading-edge SRL-Ps from service and purchase a new device when just one retractable does not pass inspection.
- Insert Spanner Tool into SRL Speedlink™ component buttons.
- Hold Spanner Tool in place to allow the red component button pins to be fully exposed.
- Slide the locking pin out to discard the damaged SRL.
EXTENDED WEIGHT CAPACITY
The 420 lb extended capacity energy absorber has a low-profile shape that reduces heat and sweat build up, and is protected by an abrasion resistant cover. It's essentially a go anywhere for anyone device.
Your Options for the 8' FT-X Cable
The 8' FT-X Cable is available with single or twin retractables with popular hooks in both steel and aluminum.
Replacement retractables are also available separately.
FT-XTM Cable Line-up
The 8' FT-XTM Cable FAQ
If a twin 8’ FT-XTM Cable retractable does not pass inspection, I can replace just the retractable in the field with a replacement unit and continue working?
With SpeedLinkTM yes, you can. SpeedLink is an industry-first personal SRL innovation. Any 8’ FT-XTM Cable twin retractable unit that does not pass inspection for any reason, such as a damaged or worn lifeline, can be replaced in the field. Unit must be inspected by a Competent Person before returning to service.
How do I replace a retractable unit?
For maximum productivity in the field first, order replacement retractables ahead of time. Then it's easy and quick to replace a retractable with our SpeedLink spanner tool. Easy-to-follow instructions and important safety warnings are available here. Spanner tools are available by ordering them directly from FallTech by clicking the button below.
A fall protection expert will reach out to you shortly.